The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Pride of being a Dad

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Well first and foremost from one Dad to another. Happy Fathers Day.
I thought i would actually write something. ( I know everyones put there seatbelt on and mumbling under there breath here we go Guy is trying to write something, we are in serious **** now) As i sit here this morning with coffee in hand I woke up a little early sat on my back porch and thought about being a Dad which for the last 21 years has been a real joy for me and maybe the most important thing in my life as watch my children grow up. As I think about it all the soccer games my daughter Cali played from 4 years old right through to her last year in HS as a soccer player . All the driving and shuffling that girl around and me going to almost every game she had than watching her grow into being a really great hair stylists and enjoying her life it gives me such great pride I was there , I experienced all her joys, sorrows and good and bad decisions. I realize where the hell on earth would I rather be than being with my kids. Simple answer is nowhere else. Than watching my still living at home 14 year old son with basketball, soccer, and now wanting to play baseball in between X box matches with his friends.

But more important watching these kids handle some real adversity that has come along in there lives with other family members and handle all that with what you hope to expect from them to be there, to help and to show there love. I know many Dads around the world are thinking of these same wonderful things and the great pride we have for our children and our spouses and just how lucky we really are to be part of there lives.

Not sure it gets any better than this so lets take a moment and celebrate this Fathers day with the rest of your family and the world. Have a great day guys and I wish you all the happiness you can get from being a DAD. There simply is nothing better. :salute:

As I scream into the house. Hey can someone get me another cup of coffee , Its my day off. ROTFLMAO

D&A

++2!

Guy, a truly wonderful post and beautifully expressed! It most definitely put things into perspective. No matter how difficult, fustrating or complicated things get in other areas...our coming back (in the proverbial sense) to family, spouces and especially children, etc., makes life and all it has to offer so worthwhile, while bringing emense joy and contentment.

I'm still wondering though why my loveing Dad (who passed away a nuber of years ago) got so angry when I was 8 years old and I kept winding his spring on his Super 8mm movie camera until it snapped and broke while on vacation :( Yes the joys but also the trials & tribulations of being a Dad :)

Happy Father's Day!

Dave (D&A)

Last edited:

DavidL

Nice reminder. I recently did a trip to see my two children and the bonus is there's a granddaughter at each calling in point. So it does get better.
David