The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Per Volquartz 1947-2011

Lars

My friend and mentor, photographer Per Volquartz passed away this morning. He will be missed by many in the large format community and elsewhere.

Per's website:
http://www.pervolquartz.com/

Borrowed from Per's website: From a Yosemite workshop in 1976. L to R: Bob Kolbrener, Andy Schumacher, Per Volquartz, Ansel Adams

At Bodie last August, Per displayed research into Danish immigrants living in Bodie and their descendants. This is the last time I met him.

Last edited:
J

John Sexton

I am shocked and deeply saddened to learn of Per’s passing. I first met Per thirty-five years ago when he was a participant at the 1976 Ansel Adams Yosemite Workshop. Per’s passion and dedication to photography are clearly visible in the beautiful body of work he leaves behind for us to enjoy. It is indeed a luminous legacy, and a wonderful gift he has given to us. In addition, his many students will continue to make images that will add to richness of our medium. My thoughts and prayers are with Per’s family, and his many friends.