The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Photo books

johnastovall

Deceased, but remembered fondly here...
I love looking at other photographers work and collect may books by photographer's who touch my mind and heart.

I have found a place which may drive me to proverty.

Photo-Eye.

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
I recently was introduced to Tim Whelan who owns a photography bookstore in Rockport, Maine. It's an incredible place and Tim is an enthusiastic and generous supporter of photography in all its forms.

His shop holds treasures both old and new. Many editions and hard to find and often signed and offered at extremely reasonable prices, frequently better than what you might pay online. He knows many of the photographers whose books he sells and always has an interesting story about them. Plus, he sells a few select original prints (mostly black and white) that are absolutely stunning. For anyone living in the Northeast especially, it's almost worth the trip just for the store. (And maybe a lobster. :))

I don't think he has a web site, but google Tim Whelan Photo books and you're sure to get some hits. If you were ever looking for a hard to find or out of print volume, he'd be a great resource.