Site Sponsors

Thread: Closing threads...

Post Thanks / Like

Closing threads...

I don't like that as I don't understand why things can't be discussed until they die from natural causes.

It's your board, you run it any way you like. Just saying.

(Example)

regards,

/Jonas

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Closing threads...

That thread was getting personal and nasty and I personally don't have a problem with a mod stepping in in those kind of situations. These forums are welcome for their friendly and helpful discussions. Most people here do not try to browbeat someone with a different opinion and there is a difference between candid discussion and condescension:
    Alan

Selection of work: http://weinschela.zenfolio.com

Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

This is a no harassment site PERIOD. Its taken very seriously. I agree with Bob we may actually are a day late on it. Please report this stuff folks.
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

www.guymancusophotography.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Folks have earnest opinions and I appreciate that. What we do not want to see is a gladiatorial contest where members try to prove their point by beating the other to death.
    So that they can come back for another day, sometimes it is best to cool things down which is what I hope I did.
    The technical discussion had already died a natural death and what was left was no longer constructive.
    -bob

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for clarifying. I guess we just see it differently and set the limits at different levels.

(Therefore I can only hope I wasn't behaving in a, for this site, too rude way in the "Future" thread. I hope I would have gotten a PM about it.)

Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Any level that gets personal is out of bounds. Very simple no matter what culture

There simply is no need for it. Good discussion is awesome and not everyone will agree but any personal affront is not tolerated. Let me clearly state we are not like any other forum and that is what our members enjoy is a hassle free environment. So do I

You have a issue with anyone use the PM system and work it out. Those discussions are private and not for the public .
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

www.guymancusophotography.com