The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Coming back to the barn ...

Godfrey

A user Leica M4-2 arrived yesterday. BGN grade out of KEH. Better than the rating as always, it seems: aside from little signs of being handled and used, the only "less than perfect" evidence is that the rangefinder is slightly out of vertical alignment.

I tested the frame line selector with Skopar 35, Skopar 50 and M-Rokkor 90 lenses ... All working great, rangefinder seems accurate, parallax correction working smoothly. Ran a junk roll of dead film through it twice ... Yay, I remember how to load and rewind! Film advance, shutter release, rewind all smooth and precise. Fitted a flash unit and checked sync: looks fine.

So I put the Skopar 50 on it, fitted a leather wrist strap, loaded a roll of XP2 Super from the freezer, and slipped an A&A half case onto it. Stuck it and a light meter into my bag. Time to make a roll of photos.

All great journeys are circles leading us back home.