The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

ACLU publishes list of photographers' rights (USA)

stephengilbert

I was tempted to say that if you plan to rely on the ACLU's view of the relevant law, you might be advised to have the phone number of a lawyer and a bail bondsman with you. Here's a longer version of that view: http://www.theagitator.com/2011/09/...utm_campaign=Feed:+radleybalko+(The+Agitator)

When I was in law school, I was stopped by police while hitchhiking. The officer wanted to search my pack. I objected. We debated search and seizure law for a while, and then he asked, "What are you going to do about it?" I said, "There's nothing I can do about it; you have a gun. But I object to the search." He found a joint, took us to the police station, and then let us go.

I got an A in criminal procedure; I was right, the search was unlawful. But he had a gun.