The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

So I went to Photoshop World this week...

bradhusick

...and I was the only person I could see carrying a Leica. It was filled with Canon and Nikon shooters. I saw one X100 and no MF gear other than the S2 at the Leica booth.

My award for coolest product at the show goes to Athentec's Perfectly Clear plugin for Photoshop and Lightroom. It's the first image correcting tool I have seen that does corrections not only globally across the image but also does them at the pixel level - for example if you give it a photo containing people with red-eye it will automatically fix the red-eye without user intervention! I have used other image correcting tools but they all either make global changes only or require you to point at various parts of the image and make corrections. Perfectly Clear is not perfect but it does an amazingly good job and works in batch mode, returning TIFFs or JPEGs to your Lightroom catalog automatically while preserving your original files. This will be a HUGE time saver for many of us.

They told me they developed the algorithms for photo lab processors and recently decided to make end-user products using their patents.

http://www.athentech.com/

No, I don't work for them.

Don Libby

I went there several years ago and in general was disappointed with the level of demonstrations but then again I've been using Photoshop for several years. I too saw that it was geared towards the 35mm shooter. The best thing that came out of the trip was the tradeshow where I met a bunch of guys from B&H as well as a great on-line training site lynda.com.

Don

Professional

I have been only to NYC PhotoPlus expo 2009, it was not bad even i can see it was less manufacturers there, people told me it was better last years, i saw one man carrying Graflix camera [Crown or speed] with that big flash, but as you said all the rest are Canon/Nikon/P&S, the only MF i saw there were Leica S2 and Phase One P65/P45 and DF body, Hasselblad has very small booth and i didn't see any of their digital cameras, i also saw that Perfectly Clear product there and got their discount or rebate code but i didn't buy, but your post here maybe will make me to think to buy their product, i tested just that demo or trial, but i got busy and forgot to buy the full version.

Wish if i live in USA, so i can attend a lot of Photographic expos and workshops.

Terry

Brad,
I downloaded a trial version of the software and am going to play around with it. I brought one file in and really liked the default rendering. Any tips or hints you got from the company about using the software?