The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

What photo sites do you frequent?

sizifo

I was wondering where people get their photo information. Which sites do you visit, what other forums do you read/post in? Other than this forum of course.

I'm not really well informed, other than the obvious. dpreview, etc., and also the ricoh forum. The one place that I find exceptional is the online photographer blog. But that's the only really good photo blog I've come across. Other than Reid reviews - but that's not really a blog.

I'd be interested what other people's web habits are.

Terry

I regularly look at:

photographyblog.com - for news

luminous-landscape.com

l-cameraforum.com - Leica forums

I post most frequently here :D

Greg Lockrey

Large Format Photography Forum
GetDPI
Bostick & Sullivan
Outback Photo
Luminious Landscape
f295
APUG (Midwest)
Photo.net
Shorpy (It' a fun site with old photos)
Are my main hitters and I peruse a lot more on less regular basis.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
HERE .:ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

I do look around but not a lot. Too busy here to be honest

O

Oxide Blu

I have read enough photo forums to know which ones I want nothing to do with. :eek:

There are two sides to every forum; the folks that contribute, and the folks that moderate. This forum is one of the best for both of those! And I love the small sensor area. :thumbs:

Other than that, if there is something I need to know, I Google and read.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Not because Jack and I own this site but I agree with you 100 percent. I been around the forums and frankly you can't touch this place. It is exactly what we wanted friendly and informative with plenty of great members and you actually learn something instead of fighting battles. I still look at LUF and LL but not because i own this place but this is home and I love it. The only wish i had is we grow a little faster but truth be told we log in about 4 people a day. In reality we are growing pretty fast for the time out on the web. I would like to add some things here though and make it better. News would be good and such but that takes a lot of time which I don't have. We will improve though. If anyone has any idea's like this and something we can implement our PM box is open 24/7 well almost. LOL

I will add something to my comments and this is certainly not a pat on the back but Jack and i being involved in ever aspect of this forum I think helps make it. Not many owners are involved and with great members here it makes it a winner. Also our moderators are very involved and that is a huge plus, besides they can shoot lights out to boot. Keep coming with images though folks it really makes this place special seeing what we all love to do.

woodyspedden

Here
Leica User Group
Online Photographer

All the others seem to cater to the trolls and some level of hostility. If the goal of looking at forums is to learn from the experiences of others GetDpi is the best out there. Online photographer is great just for catching up with news and some nicely written articles. Not really a forum in the classic sense.

Woody

sizifo

Wealth of information here! Look forward to going through all this stuff in more detail.

What is FM? I've seen it mentioned before, but I get more than one photo related site when googling.

Any places dedicated to street photography? Any such places that should be avoided??

johnastovall

Deceased, but remembered fondly here...
Leica User Forum
Rangefinder Forum
Luminous Landscape
Digital Journalist
On-Line Photographer

And subscribe to Reid Reviews.

Lars

Well technically each sensor element on a sensor is called a photo site, isn't it? :D.
But seriously...

Here
photo.net large format forum
large format forum (http://www.largeformatphotography.info/forum/)
fotosidan.se (Good local Swedish scope)
Apug (VERY rarely, too traditionalist)
photographyblog.com
dpreview.com

D

dlew308

http://www.dpreview.com/ is DPR, the forums are quite comical at times. It's got an interesting mix of members in their forums. I'd describe a lot of them as bench racers, those who just talk rather then do, just my opinion :)
FM has more useful/helpful people for the most part.

I don't have the experience with dpr to know what you mean. Presumably dpr doesn't treat the members that great, and fm does?