The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Gone Away

jonoslack

Hi Everyone
I'm off - it's our annual trip to Crete. We are going back to:

Last year's trip to Crete

I hope you have a fun couple of weeks, by the time we get back there will be new cameras from Sony, Canon, Panasonic and lots of others, and if I'm lucky and none of my clients have forced me into an internet cafe, I'll be blissfully ignorant.

We are going to Loutro, which is about 5 miles to the west of Sfakia on the south coast of Crete - the only way to get their is by boat (the White Mountains come right down to the sea). Most of our time is likely to be spent on Sweetwater Beach

There is one boat a day, which is run by the Theo, who also runs the restaurant you can see in the foreground.

Camera gear?

Olympus E3
Zuiko 7-14
Zuiko 12-60
Zuiko 70-300

+Ricoh GX100

Which gives me a neat range from 14-600mm equivalent in a small and weather(dust) proof package.

This is where we'll be staying:

and this is the nearest town :) Loutro itself

All the best to everyone - I'll check back in on our return!

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Have an awesome vacation Jono! Look forward to images when you get back :)

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Need a assistant, you have too much gear . I can wipe your LCD's down for ya. LOL

Have a blast my friend. You realize you are going to need some underwater gear. LOL

Terry

Jono,
Horrors you are lacking coverage from 60-70mm. LOL. Enjoy have a great time. Looks like relaxing is the only option.

Have a great time.

jonoslack

Thanks Chaps
Guy - you just got yourself a job, I'll meet you at Chania airport at 4.15 tomorrow afternoon.
:ROTFL:

jonoslack

Jono,
Horrors you are lacking coverage from 60-70mm. LOL. Enjoy have a great time. Looks like relaxing is the only option.

Have a great time.
Ohmigod . . .actually, I think the Ricoh will keep me covered :)

Normal day is . . .
up at 6, walk to anopoli for breakfast (that's 2200ft above sea level),
back down to the beach for 11 - read for a couple of hours before lunch

. . . . . then the day disintegrates!!
:)

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Ohmigod . . .actually, I think the Ricoh will keep me covered :)

Normal day is . . .
up at 6, walk to anopoli for breakfast (that's 2200ft above sea level),
back down to the beach for 11 - read for a couple of hours before lunch

. . . . . then the day disintegrates!!
:)
Gosh, such structure and discipline!
When on vacation, every morning when I wake up and shake off the night before, I immediately disintegrate without delay.
-bob

jonoslack

Gosh, such structure and discipline!
When on vacation, every morning when I wake up and shake off the night before, I immediately disintegrate without delay.
-bob
hi Bob
In your honour we are having a bottle of Pinot Grigio with gravadlax for our breakfast at 8.30 in the airport. Does that sound better!

jonoslack

hi girls
Thank you for the messages. I'll see what pictures I can slip in between the meals and the swims!

Now for breakfast