The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

My camera is better than yours

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
My Cambo smokes your Bilora Radix cause your right I have never heard of it so that's reason enough. Lol

Ben Rubinstein

My Cambo SC is better than all of your cameras cause having been in storage for 6 years in a garage 2500 miles away without having a single shot taken with it, it must be in far better condition!

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
My Leica IIIF is better than your Cambo because Sonny Bono used it to photograph Cher AND Marie!

J

jcoffin

My Maxxum 9 is better than your Leica because Sonny Bono never had his filthy hands on it (and it has a shutter speed to 1/12000th of a second).

bensonga

Responding to jcoffin's Maxxum 9 with a max shutter speed of 1/12000th of a second. Ok, I can't beat you on the shutter speed (holy cow...is that for real?), but honestly, what kind of name is "Maxxum 9" for a camera? Sounds like a line from a James Bond movie that ended up on the cutting room floor.

I'll call your Maxxum 9 and see you a 4x5 Graphic View camera.....a real camera with a name worthy of it's long and distinguished heritage. I own two of these beauties (a Graphic View and Graphic View II).

Graflex View Cameras

Number 5 flash bulbs are not required...... ;)

Sorry folks, this thread will now come to a quick end.....I know that none of you can top the mighty Graphic View camera! :D

Gary

V

Vivek

Detachable mirror, 1/12,000s shutter speed....:sleep006:

The Nikon D70 that got me into digital can flash sync all the way up to its highest shutter speed. Yet, despite Nikon's initial flat out denials, could do a BGLOD* on its own! :D

I own 2 or 3 of these. All "resting". :ROTFL:

*BGLOD = Blinking Green Light Of Death.

Terry

My Nikon V1 beats all your shutter speeds at 1/16,000. Now if we only had lenses fast enough to use it.

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
My MFDB kit is better than all of your cameras because I haven't bought it yet and thus it is pure anticipatory fantasy without the downsides of reality.

--Matt

Lars

My 8x10 monorail is better than your MFDB because... well, it's bigger, OK? And bigger is always better.

Godfrey

My Nikon Pronea S is cooler than your 8x10 view camera because it's easy to make pictures with lots of pretty grain.

BANKER1

My daughter-in-law called and asked if I would like to have her father's camera he bought in Korea while he was there in the military. She was going to give it to Goodwill but knew I was a "camera guy", so she asked if I wanted it. It came with an extra lens, all boxes and instruction booklet. My camera is better than yours because it's a Nikon SP, and I got it for free!

Greg

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
My 1968 Rollieflex 2.8F is better than your old, musty Nikon SP because I bought it from a collector in Japan and it's only ever had 7 rolls of film run through it. It's as perfect as the day it was made, a real shelf queen. Which is exactly how it's going to stay... perfect and on the shelf where it belongs.

J

jcoffin

My Retina IIIc is better than your Rolleiflex because it has three pieces of glass on the front instead of only two.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
My Fuji GX680 is much better than your dinky little Retina since it's still at the dealer's in Hong Kong, which means I don't have to haul the bloody mammoth around yet :p

Godfrey

My Polaroid SX-70 is better than your GX680 because even though it's huge it folds up and fits in my iPad bag. And I can see my prints in a minute.