The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

My camera is better than yours

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
My 1956 Leitz IIIg is better than your SX-70 because she is a petite and beautiful piece of German engineering, shoots black and white or color in many varieties, fits in my purse, and goes everywhere with me.

aboudd

My Agfa Optima 1a is better than your Leitz IIIg because it was the camera that got me started in this mad obsession in 1964.

wjlapier

My ala carte Leica M7 is better than your Agfa Optima because it was made exactly the way I wanted it by Leica!

Lars

My dad's Kodak Retina IIa, which was passed down to me, is better than your Leica M7 alacarte because it shot beautiful Kodachromes in India in 1954. (I should post some here - quite interesting series.)

Oren Grad

My dad's Kodak Signet 35, which was passed down to me, is better than your Retina IIa, because I don't have to unfold it to start taking pictures, and because it has a 44mm lens. I'll bet you don't have a 44mm lens. :p

Lars

My dad's Kodak Signet 35, which was passed down to me, is better than your Retina IIa, because I don't have to unfold it to start taking pictures, and because it has a 44mm lens. I'll bet you don't have a 44mm lens. :p
Yep it's a 50/2 Schneider Xenar. Darn.