The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Exit Ektachrome

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Not surprisingly, Kodak is discontinuing their ISO 100 colour reversal films. Few people use slides these days, and with the quality of Ektar 100 and Portra 160, using Ektachrome didn't make too much sense for most.

And there's always Velvia :)

robdeszan

Fast forward 5 years and...

http://www.kodak.com/us/en/corp/pre...ck_a_classic_with_ektachrome_film/default.htm

:) even though I no longer shoot 35mm it definitely pleases me. I just hope they won't price it as ridiculously as fuji does for their reversal films at the moment...

Not surprisingly, Kodak is discontinuing their ISO 100 colour reversal films. Few people use slides these days, and with the quality of Ektar 100 and Portra 160, using Ektachrome didn't make too much sense for most.

And there's always Velvia :)

Jan

Nice to see slide film on the rebound. Too bad that in my territory labs no longer process e6. So, good news that is actually not so good news.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Nice to see slide film on the rebound. Too bad that in my territory labs no longer process e6. So, good news that is actually not so good news.
Are you implying that there are no labs processing E6 in KL, or only around where you live? There are, as far as I know, none in Bangkok.

robdeszan

I've not used local labs for C41 or E6 processing for a long time and rely on posting films to pro labs who (I know) use fresh chemistry as they process slides every day; this is especially important for E6. Ag Photographic Lab or Peak Imaging do a wonderful job here in the UK and it only take a couple of working days to get them back. Also, the last time I asked a local lab here in Bristol UK were only doing C41 on site and set E6 off to... AGPhotoLab anyway :)

Are you implying that there are no labs processing E6 in KL, or only around where you live? There are, as far as I know, none in Bangkok.

Jan

The last one doing so (in fact called E6) gave up on it some while ago. BUT, the good news is, I got a confirmation from a lab saying they will start after the CNY holidays.

If you know any lab in KL (I live in the suburbs) kindly share but I can hardly imagine that you would know more than anyone in the local scene.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
The last one doing so (in fact called E6) gave up on it some while ago. BUT, the good news is, I got a confirmation from a lab saying they will start after the CNY holidays.

If you know any lab in KL (I live in the suburbs) kindly share but I can hardly imagine that you would know more than anyone in the local scene.
I don't know of any. I believe there's at least one in Singapore. Last time I checked, a company in Bangkok sent films there for their customers.