The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

I'm off to Hong Kong - Used dealers

Chris Giles

Hey guys, I'm off to Hong Kong today for a shoot and I'm hoping to hear some advice from anyone who's bought Hasselblad gear over there or any shops that sell used MF equipment that you'd care to recommend?

I'm hoping to pick up a digital back for my H1, already taking several rolls of film with me, but would be nice to have a digital back.

Anders_HK

Hey guys, I'm off to Hong Kong today for a shoot and I'm hoping to hear some advice from anyone who's bought Hasselblad gear over there or any shops that sell used MF equipment that you'd care to recommend?

I'm hoping to pick up a digital back for my H1, already taking several rolls of film with me, but would be nice to have a digital back.

I have been based in Hong Kong for ten years, off and on. Regarding used camera gear there is only one place I buy: Ebay.com and not even from business vendors on Ebay from Hong Kong who are either over-priced or do not have good quality used gear. The used stores in Hong Kong are as a general rule a waste of time.

Regarding digital back, that is different. I recommend you to get in touch with Gavin Hui at Founder Globaltech who is the agent in Hong Kong for Leaf. I have purchased my two Leaf backs from Gavin and he is superb in service, fair and honest, price can be discussed and he only sells used backs from his clients thus knows the history of the used backs. He delivered my 80MP back at a cafe at a convenient location, and other year when I was based out of Hong Kong but on quick visit he met me on a subway platform to sell me a tether cable. Such is his service.

Sending you a PM with his contact info. Anything else feel free to ask me, I know Hong Kong.

Best regards,
Anders