The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

PP Alternative - Amazon?

edmund

I just spoke with an Amazon.com rep.

There are NO fees when using you PERSONAL Amazon Payments account and using a bank account.
There are also NO fees up to $1000/month when using a credit card!

Also, there is a dispute center if needed.

So all in all. For small items less than a $1000 this is a great option. Also, perhaps even $2000, as the limit resets at the end of the month if you buy something near the end of the month.

monza

That's interesting...do they have a webpage with these limits and fees? I'm having difficulty finding anything that differentiates personal from business fees, and the limit I find is $500, not $1000. Any links you know of? Thanks!

edmund

I had a hard time finding the differences as well.

So I just contacted them: https://payments.amazon.com/sdui/sdui/contactussend
Click on contact by phone. They call you and I was only on hold for a few minutes. Very responsive call center.

I think the limit goes up if you verify your bank account with them. Mine definitely says $1000 now, not sure what it had before as I did not check it.