Site Sponsors

Thread: From m43 back to APSC Anyone?

Post Thanks / Like

From m43 back to APSC Anyone?

I have read numerous thread across the forums about people jumping on to m4/3 wagon declaring they are selling their APSC/FF gear lenses, or virtually making m43 as primary gear and so on.

Just curious to see, if any one ended up returning back to APSC and what reasons you came back.

if you have gone through this, please share your experience and reasoning.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: From m43 back to APSC Anyone?

My only interest in the m4/3rds was for the live view (with an EVF). I did not mind the 4/3rds format.

Current used cams are GH-2s and NEX-7.

If there is a full frame (useful) mirrorless, I will get one immediately. As simple as that.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I jumped on to MFT with a Panasonic, and then jumped right off to a Nex7, which suits me better. The Nex viewfinder is better and focusing manual lenses is easier -- for me. YMMV.
    Alan

Selection of work: http://weinschela.zenfolio.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I got a MFT awhile back to replace my APS DSLR (for its smaller size & weight), but found that the dynamic range just wasn't good enough for my purposes. Because of the smaller sensor, when skies weren't blown out, the shadows were considerably darker, and correspondingly noisier if one tried to brighten them in post-processing. I ditched the MFT and returned to my DSLR. I just recently picked up a NEX-7 with its APS size sensor, and am getting used to it - so far it looks as good as my DSLR (which makes sense, since the sensor is the same size).

Lisa