The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

In Harms Way_War Photographers

glenerrolrd

Workshop Member
Just saw an episode of In harms Way on the CW channel (cable)....on War Photographers. Really excellent coverage of two free lance photojournalists shooting in the Gaza strip. The coverage was just excellent and you could see the situations develop and how the photographers set up their shots. Then at the end you got to see the final images being reviewed by prospective photo agencies in Israel .

I was totally amazed at the quality of the images as they were actually dodging tear gas and sometimes bullets while shooting. They were using d3 s and d300 s with short zooms and the 70-200.

This looks like a series that will repeat itself and its was well worth watching.

glenerrolrd

Workshop Member
Thanks for posting that ..it was on the tv guide page when I posted originally but the link is now gone ..

I thought it was a particularly good video because the photographs they created were excellent. The danger and the importance of the moment would carry the video ..but if you look closely at the results ...you have to ask how did they get such perfect composition and light ?

A

Artorius

If you want to know more about Military Combat Photographers, Google Combat Photographers Navy(or Army/Air Force). Or, you could ask me or the many others like me, that have served in the Atlantic, or Pacific theaters. I did 3 tours in VN, 1 in Grenada, 1 in Saudi Arabia, and a couple in Panama. Most of our pics, that aren't still classified, can be found at the Navy Photographic Center in DC.
Forgot to add, we were required to carry weapons, as we weren't civilians. We had a specific job that required more than a camera. Most of us were just lucky, a few of my compatriots weren't.
Sorry, just venting when I hear about civilian "Combat Photographer" issues, since you posted before Veterans Day.
This is always a dramatic flashback day for me. Again, I apologize for any discrepancies..

Last edited: