The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

IE 8 doesn't cache GetDPI

Peter Klein

I've noticed that unlike many photo sites I visit, photos on GetDPI forums don't appear to get cached by Internet Explorer.

Suppose I visit a GetDPI page with lots of photos, then turn off the computer for the night and come back to that same page in the morning. I'd expect that the photos I viewed last night would come up quickly, and only the new photos would have to be downloaded from the Internet.

But that's not what happens. Every single photo on the page appears to download again, which takes a long time.

No, I don't have my IE set to clear my cache each time I exit IE. Yes, cookies are enabled.

Does anyone know if there is an IE setting that will keep GetDPI photos in the cache over more than one IE session?

Thanks!
--Peter