The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Packing up...

Don Libby

Almost finished packing the truck to head out tomorrow for Jackson WY. I'lll be in Jackson till Monday then drive to Kalispell MT for a week of shooting in and around Glacier National Park before heading back to Jackson staying until the end of October.

If you see a tall guy standing with a great looking blue Ford Raptor in the background come over and say hi.

Don

Don Libby

Funny thing is that I've got all the gear spread out on the floor with most outlets being used to do the final charge. In other words crap spread all over the place. Get a call about 2-pieces we have hanging in the studio - they want them both (60x24 and a 20x30). Unpack the truck put the images in and deliver them. The last thing on my mind was making a sale before leaving town.

Great way to start the trip! :D

Don

Actually a little concerned about the fires in northern Idaho....

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
I would unpack the whole freaking house for a sale. LOL

I REALLY NEED to get my gallery going. Been lazy about it. LOL

Don Libby

Funny thing is that our gallery is the rear room of Claire's Cafe & Gallery where we've been very lucky. We just recently opened our working studio to the public and have 8-pieces displayed. I figured the pieces in the studio were there as a safeguard to use to fill the empty holes in the gallery; not true as we've stayed home this summer and had a brisk business. And this is all landscape work - I'm not like you or Ken as I don't shoot people.

If you don't display your work it just makes it that much harder to sell it. :poke:

Don

GMB

I just came back from 3 weeks in the area (Jackson Hole, Flat Head Lake, Glacier, Yellowstone, Teatons). My first time there and my wife, kids and I enjoyed it a lot. Jackson Hole is such a great place that my wife wanted to buy a place there. Took me a while to persuade her that it's a bit far for a weekend trip from Brussels :eek: (real reason was of course the price of real estate which would have meant the end of my gear indulgence :ROTFL:.

The only thing that I regret that for the last two days when I was planning to shoot the Teatons the smoke from the Idaho fires spoiled the light.

Anyway, this is a shot from the Goosewing Ranch, some 40 miles east of the Teatons with the S2.

Don Libby

Just got in and getting unpacked. No shooting today as we have a function to attend. The smoke is bad from what we could see driving up on the 191. Will see more tomorrow.