The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Off To Crete (hooray)

jonoslack

Just tidying up the loose ends, then we're off to the airport.

My Lowepro Orion trekker finally bit the bullet after 10 years of hard labour, so I bought another one - the water bottle won't fall out of the saggy elastic sides for at least 5 years :)

Here it is:

Last year I was packing Leica and Sony kit, which was a tight squeeze, and made for a lot of compromises

This year is a bit different:

and in there are
2 OMD bodies
9-18
75-300
12-50

1 M9 body
WATE (+frankenfinder)
35 fle
75 'cron

kindle, ipad, chargers, batteries µ43 to M adapter. Of course I can use the M lenses on the OMD as well.

. . . . anyway - you guys have fun . . .

all the best
Jono

Ben Rubinstein

Does put into proportion how small these mirrorless offerings are when you consider it not as the size of the body but the size of the overall package.

jonoslack

Does put into proportion how small these mirrorless offerings are when you consider it not as the size of the body but the size of the overall package.
Exactly Ben - so I have a focal length range from 16-600mm and several nice primes into the bargain; and it's light enough to carry for miles

If you believe in the "it's the camera you have with you" mantra, then it's a good way to go, and I still have the quality for when I really need it. If I need more resolution, then stitching is a perfectly viable proposition.

all the best

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Wheres the M10. ROTFLMAO

Have fun , I'm jealous I'm cutting down trees in my yard. Talk about fun
, I can barely contain my enthusiasm for this project.

glenerrolrd

Workshop Member
We know the drill .....the M10 has a M9 stamped on it so its stealth . However we know to look at the left top plate as the M10 is flat .

D&A

We know the drill .....the M10 has a M9 stamped on it so its stealth . However we know to look at the left top plate as the M10 is flat .

...and anyone who runs into Jono and suspects that his body is a M10...he simply responds "can't you see man, it's a M8...everyone knows only the M8 has a the left side of the top plate flat"! :)

Dave (D&A)

DavidL

Enjoy, will be nice to see your pics. I'm spending the day "Polishing" my sensor in hope of some decent weather later in the week. It's what new age pensioners do.
Would be nice if you could post some good weather back to the UK, can't wait for you to bring it back.
Dave

jonoslack

Hi chaps. Why not just pop over here to check it out. 35C. Not a cloud in the sky, water crystal clear and the beer is COLD.
Who caress about cameras. Mind you, I can assure you that an OMD with the 75-300 can pop up with some pretty surprises!

Braeside

Have a nice holiday Jono! - Its actually rather pleasant in Scotland today, but its not going to last...