The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Suffering Major G.A.S withdraw

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Ah man this is depressing I have not bought anything in weeks of major consequence. My buy button finger is actually growing back skin. :wtf:

Are you suffering from major G.A.S withdraw syndrome. I am certainly not holding my end up on the buy used or new market. Such a let down. Someone buy something so I can share in the moment. :ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

Guy Mancuso

LOL . I can only drink low sugar cocktails . Vodka sounds good

Bob how did i know you would buy one of those. Maybe a little bird said something good. LOL

I am getting used to spending your money , pretty soon i will be the adopted son. LOL

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Guy,
yup, I also got tired of waiting for my place in the upgrade queue.
I am converting all assets to used camera gear.
-bob

Guy Mancuso

Maybe not a bad idea. Certainly cars are worthless now. Pretty soon GM will be offering buy one get one free. LOL

stephengilbert

Guy,

I'm buying an adapter to mount my Zeiss 25/28 VF (the one I bought from you) on my ALPA TC.

I'll be picking it up at Samy's on Saturday morning. I can phone you from there, or send you a photo if you want.

Steve

Guy Mancuso

I think we need a black Friday on the forum Buy and Sell . Big One day sale event

Black Friday is the day after Thanksgiving all the retail stores have huge sales getting ready for Christmas

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
I am converting all assets to used camera gear.
After our conversation regarding our stick portfolios last week, I think we'd have both done better converting even to used shoes...

:),

A

asabet

I blame a certain recent GetDPI Leica M film thread for my past week or so of restructuring :rolleyes::

Sold: Two OM-2Ns, OM 40/2, 50/1.8, 28/2.8, Bessa R3A, Nikon 24-70/2.8, Zeiss ZF 50/2

Bought: Zeiss Ikon (black), Zeiss ZM 50/2, CV 35/1.4, Canon 50/0.95, Nikon EM & 50/1.8

Pre-ordered: Nikon 50/1.4G

Returned: Canon 50/0.95 because of lens element separation

Last edited:

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
Maybe not a bad idea. Certainly cars are worthless now. Pretty soon GM will be offering buy one get one free. LOL
Guy, here in UK one car dealer is doing exactly that!!!

Quote -"As sales plummet, dealers are offering one make of family saloon for £20,000 with another one thrown in for nothing.

The AA described the offer as 'almost unbelievable'.

Hundreds of brand new Dodge Avenger SXT 2.4i saloons, equipped with leather seats, climate control, alloy wheels and satnav as standard, are being sold off at a loss."

Cheers,
Gandolfi,

Guy Mancuso

I blame a certain recent GetDPI Leica M film thread for my past week or so of restructuring :rolleyes::

Sold: Two OM-2Ns, OM 40/2, 50/1.8, 28/2.8, Bessa R3A, Nikon 24-70/2.8, Zeiss ZF 50/2

Bought: Zeiss Ikon (black), Zeiss ZM 50/2, CV 35/1.4, Canon 50/0.95, Nikon EM & 50/1.8

Guess we have to stop adding forums around here. LOL

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Guy,
How about a box brownie and folding Kodak forum, anything that takes 620 film.
-bob

Don Libby

Does a new compressor for my studio heat pump count?

We ordered a new Ford Edge AWD a couple months ago and just learned it should be here next week.

don

glenerrolrd

Workshop Member
Dunham Photography (my excuse for excessive camera gear..no real business) is illiquid ...never did quite understand those CDO s . I even had to pass on a black paint 50 pre asph lux. First time ..ever that I passed.

charlesphoto

Well, I have coming:

A Hexar AF (black)
Contax T2 (in titanium black - nice)
Olympus XA (with flash)

After the nice folks at paypal give me 25% cashback I've spent all of $600 and have three new cameras!

Ummm, the reason for this is my sheer disappointment at any of the digital p&s offerings on the market. I have a baby coming in feb and want to commit his memories to film (mmmm, I'm sure the D3 and M8 will get workouts too). The Hexar AF is the fastest camera of it's type on the market (come on Leica, build us a digital one!) and perfect for children. The T2 is more pocketable and has a built in flash, and the Olympus, well, for $30 you can't lose (it's the camera I shot a lot of my late teen years with).

So give that gas some relief and go buy a film p&s!

helenhill

hehehehe:ROTFL::ROTFL:
You will be in HEAVEN w/ the Ikon & Planar...TRES FAB combination
Sharp & & smooth oof ...Congrats !!
Let me know about the 35 1.4 CV / ANOTHER GREAT LENS
Best-h