The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Travel & Backing-Up Images

David Schneider

I'm working on a trip to Poland, Czech Republic, Germany and France with a couple of days in Iceland. Have to travel very light (to leave room for my wife's stuff). What are various ways to back-up files while on the road with minimum of gear to bring along?

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
I'm working on a trip to Poland, Czech Republic, Germany and France with a couple of days in Iceland. Have to travel very light (to leave room for my wife's stuff). What are various ways to back-up files while on the road with minimum of gear to bring along?
If you are traveling with a computer, make a copy of the cards to it.
Leave all of your cards untouched until you get back home.
Bring as many cards as you think you may need.
They take little space, are durable, and weigh almost nothing.
-bob

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
I don't know what computer you have, but after I bought the MacBook Air, it goes everywhere with me. It's so light and slim that it's hardly noticeable that it's there, particularly the 11" (which unfortunately lacks an SD slot), although I have the 13" myself. In addition to photo backup etc., it enables me to do online check-in for flights, changes to hotel bookings etc. while underway. Viewing and sharing photos are obviously also very easy. I run the complete CS6 package on mine without any problems.