The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Really great read.

T.Karma

Good read and always when 'superpowers' seem to be so invincible what B. Mussolini once said comes to my mind: "Fascism is Corporatism".

.... but nature does not tolerate this anymore for longer periods of time since this experiment has failed too often and is of no use for the evolution.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Here's a cut-and-paste from Wikipedia:
Herbert Spencer first used the phrase (Survival of the fittest), after reading Charles Darwin's On the Origin of Species – in his Principles of Biology (1864), in which he drew parallels between his own economic theories and Darwin's biological ones, writing, "This survival of the fittest, which I have here sought to express in mechanical terms, is that which Mr. Darwin has called 'natural selection', or the preservation of favoured races in the struggle for life."

Those who adapt will survive, and that goes for camera makers as well as photographers.

Ben Rubinstein

Interestingly the people who could steal the crown from the big players are all in financial downs at the moment. Olympus we know about, Panny and Sony not looking hugely great. Fuji is too niche a player to fight for really big spots unless they change and the MF people are watching a market which has dwindled to just two players, one of which thinks that the horrifically overpriced 'frankencam' was a good idea to make up for losses in their traditional market. Canon and Nikon may survive not because they deserve to but because the people entering their markets have the same problem in other aspects of their industries. They are not startups but huge industrial giants that in most other areas of consumer goods are as guilty as C&N.

Shashin

Well, I started reading the piece and assumed he was writing about the camera industry. My first reaction is he knows nothing about the camera industry. I know it is popular to bash these companies, but at least we could bash them for things that are real rather than making things up.

V

Vivek

"Great read" if you are concerned about a couple car manufacturers.

Waste of time. :thumbdown:

malmac

The divided brain and the making of the western world - Late Night Live - ABC Radio National (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

If you found the above mentioned article interesting you might be interesed in this radio interview with Iain Gilchrist a Psychiatrist who has written a book titled, The Master and His Emissary".

His insights into how the functioning of the human brain has affected western culture - it seems to me that the corporate giants support his theories and perhaps we as consumers also support those theories.

Mal