The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Good luck Jack and get well soon!!!

harmsr

Workshop Member
I also am just reading the thread.

Best wishes to you and a hopes for a speedy recovery.

Best,

Ray

S

Steve

What a trooper! I tried to register last night and had some issues doing it. Finally this morning the administrator emailed me back and was going to manually load all my stuff to get me going. That person was Jack. That kind of dedication puts the postman to shame. Rain, snow,sleet, or sleep apnea surgery will keep Jack from his post. Thanks alot Jack. Steve

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Thanks you all for your outstanding support! I am just amazed at how an online forum has become like a second family --- this is truly a special group and I am honored to be part of it with you :) Quick update, I am doing *MUCH* better today. Pain is finally way down, nose is clearing and I actually slept some real sleep last night! I am going to try and eat some solid (soft solid) food today and am looking forward to that!

thanks again for the support!

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Good news bud , give me a call when you get a chance and can actually talk . BIG football day and I have been real lazy watching football lately.
Couch potatoe:ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

mwalker

Subscriber Member
I hope you get well soon Jack..happy new year. My father had this problem, he said fixing it was liberating. Good luck.

eekimel

Hi Jack:
Here's wishing you a speedy recovery as well. I've had two friends who had the throat surgery and both noticed a world of difference quickly. (I've been using a CPAP for about a year but I spent so much time snorkeling as a kid that I didn't have an issue with the mask at all.)

mark1958

Wow.. Jack.. sorry to hear about that. I had no idea you were having that done. Good luck and a speedy recovery.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Hi guys, and thanks for all the kind thoughts! I am definitely on the mend, but it is a slow process. My throat is still sore, but only about like a normal bad sore throat with a cold, so I can swallow liquids almost normally, but still avoid rough or crunchy foods. I am optimistic that by this time next week, I'll back to normal ;)

As far as sleep progress, swelling is down and I'm back to sleeping normally for me --- and my wife tells me my snoring is less often and light when I do, so a big improvement at least on that front. It will be a few more weeks before I'm able to use the new dental device and report in its effectiveness.

Thanks again!