The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Posting packages from the UK

Ben Rubinstein

Does anyone know if there is a normal post service for heavier items with tracking/insurance/signed for at a price cheaper than courier services?

It annoys me that in the US you can go anywhere and send a package at regular and non exaggerated rates, here in Jerusalem I can go to any post office and send items at any weight with variable insurance and tracked - but in the UK I can only send items up to 2kg maximum with Royal Mail, and then I have to choose between Air Sure (tracked and insurance) or International Signed for. Courier services with zero insurance and no tracking start at £50 for a 2 week service!

So if I wanted to ship matted prints from the UK, how the heck would I do it without killing myself on the postage?