Site Sponsors

Thread: Changing Camera OSes

Post Thanks / Like

Changing Camera OSes

As a gear-head I change cameras (from different brands) at various times and find I often struggle with the shift in operating differing cameras. There was a time when it would have been no problem, but now I sometimes hesitate during the image making process particularly with "Now, where is that exposure comp dial?"
    All the cameras are different after all. If this does not affect you at all, then you are lucky IMO. The delay while not long it sometimes flows on and rushes the process.

The Ricoh GRD affects me the least, and the X100 is also less of an issue but sometimes I have to stop and dig for some setting or wheel on the OM-D or the DP2.

I am interested to hear your experiences on this.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Changing Camera OSes

I have not found it difficult moving from one camera to another. There aren't an infinite numbers of ways you can design a camera and they tend to operate more or less the same way.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Changing Camera OSes

No problem with the menu system here either. Button familiarity is more of a problem for me with newer cameras at first. Fortunately I've mostly worked with Leica and Panasonic the last 5 years. The menu isn't all that different between them.
    Sony Visible Light & IR Photographer
    http://www.iiinelsonimages.com