The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New Logo/Watermark: Soliciting Opinions

etrigan63

Decided to make this it's own thread here. With the new year, it dawned on me that my business name is really long (Carlos Echenique Photography) and when I watermark my photos, it tends to trample the image (unless I shrink it and then it is unreadable). A graphical logo/watermark was in order. I had tried these before, but I always overdid them. I wanted something simple. This is what I came up with:

I am soliciting your opinions regarding this design. Here is how it would be used:

The End of an Era by Carlos Echenique, on Flickr

What do you guys think?

V

Vivek

If I were you (ie., if I have this as a business), I would put the watermark in the same size (you show and not the embedded size!) in every image. Most photos used nowadays (especially the color ones) do not require even 1/5th of the size you show here. Even tiny thumbnails could be used for adverts on phones or watches.

That is my opinion.

etrigan63

Just to be sure I understand you:

Place the watermark full sized in the middle with the opacity turned down so the image can still be seen?

V

Vivek

Exactly! Smack in the middle and as big as you can! :)

If anyone hisses about it, online, just ignore them.

Again, that is my opinion.

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Sounds safer overall...nothing is 100%

If it is a separate layer that you flatten for the web it could be added and removed as needed and resized to match the photo size. Also changing the opacity of the layer as desired.

I have wondered if adding a grid that would take a bit of time to remove would deter the less adept at stealing pictures for use...in addition to the watermark.

Grid Alone

Grid AND Logo

The Logo is on a layer and opacity here at 27%

Bob

Last edited: