The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Even more fun what do you want as a gift

etrigan63

That someone buy my Mamiya rig so I can finish picking up that Hartblei Super Rotator for Nikon. Oh and a D700. I have hopes for the first, but not the second.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Just want my 300mm back and the new 45mm. Other than that i am pretty happy

Oh and a LOT of paying work

Terry

An elf to keep everything organized and to know what stuff I will want to use in Calif when I'm here and then magically have the right stuff in NY when I'm there.

Barring that...the ability to snap my fingers or twitch my nose like on Bewitched and have what I need appear when I want it.

I'm missing my M8 and it is in the wrong place, John Milich is ready with adapters and the lenses are in the wrong place. My portable hard drives in the wrong place.....get the idea.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
What I'd like is world peace and a healthy economy. Since that's not likely to happen, I'll settle for good health and happiness for my family and friends.

Lars

Time. So I can manage two fulltime jobs in parallel, and find some time to shoot.
But I'll settle for a clone hehe.

etrigan63

What I'd like is world peace and a healthy economy. Since that's not likely to happen, I'll settle for good health and happiness for my family and friends.
Leave it to Jack to really put things in perspective, not like the rest of us selfish bastiges. Health and Happiness for those you know and love is always the greatest gift (I still want the D700 though).

Ben Rubinstein

If happiness contributes to health and happiness is having what you want - I can't see the difference between health and happiness and a D700....

:D:D

Terry

Leave it to Jack to really put things in perspective, not like the rest of us selfish bastiges. Health and Happiness for those you know and love is always the greatest gift (I still want the D700 though).
I thought the same thing when I read his post!

Lars

Jack's gift wish doesn't fit under a Christmas tree - it's too grand. Let's keep it selfish :)

D700 (which Santa probably will deliver mid-January together with a Sigma 50/1.4), a Core i7-based desktop system for development and testing.

And finally the not-in-your-lifetime-dream-about-it-sucker wish: RED's wet dream 6x17 cm 260-gazillion-pixel panoramic body. I'm not that picky, one lens is enough thank you. :D

charlesphoto

A fully Equipped DARKROOM
Santa Please.....:D

and YES ....Helen has been a Good Girl this Year,,,:rolleyes:
Helen,

As long as you have the place, you should be able to put together a darkroom in this day and age for about what it would cost you for a couple of Leica UV/IR filters. I sold a top of the line Fujimoto 4X5 VC enlarger a couple years back for $600 (paid almost $3K new). Doubt I'd get 300-400 for it now. Lesser but equally good enlargers go for a lot less. Best to check out Craig's list, esp for deals on trays etc. Have fun! I had to give it up for health reasons. I highly recommend wearing a respirator!

Oh, and I'll take a new NEC 2690 monitor as well!