The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Little Things Make a Difference

Godfrey

In the past few days, I've received a couple of little things I found on EBay.

For Polaroid SX-70, the tripod adapter and remote shutter release. $50
For Hasselblad 500CM and 80/150mm lenses, a small collection of B50 close up lenses. $45

It's amazing how much versatility and quality improvement can come from such small expenditures! Now the relatively limited close up ability of he Hassy's lenses is no longer a problem, and the Polaroid's slow film is similarly less a restriction since the camera can be well stabilized.

Anyone else find some little gems like this that opened up new dimensions in their equipment?

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
That's what eBay is for isn't it? All the stuff that can't be found locally, I find there, lens hoods in particular. Just bought a new one for the 80-200 AF-S (surprisingly, they break when I drop the lens onto concrete :rolleyes: ). Unfortunately, I also find things there that I think I "need". "No, no, no Jørgen", I say to myself, "you are not a magpie". But then, maybe I am after all :loco: