The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Nikon Abuse - Camera Horrorfilm !

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
I love the pushing the tripod over into the mud. That's a classic.

What's scary is we all done some of this dumb mistakes. Lol

V

Vivek

They seem to be doing with only a body cap. I would like to see a video with a 200/2 VR II mounted and then put through the whole cycle. :D

Stefan Steib

The lenses will die first. They are not as solid as a metal camera body.

I was calm on all the first attempts, but the burning was a shock.......
I will have a nightmare this night.........

:cry:

V

Vivek

Why? :confused:

It is none of our cameras. I couldn't care less if someone do sledgehammer test and posts it on U tube.

Stefan Steib

Vivek

did you never open a box with a new camera and smell this special rubber,oil plastic and leather(maybe) melange. Or did you never just look at a camera when you had it new and play with it ?
For me a camera is more than a piece of metal, it has a soul -even these Japanese High tec gizmos.
It makes me shiver if I see someone destroy it in this brutal way...... :)

Yuck...............:eek:

V

Vivek

No, I do not smell or fondle. The current most cherished/used Leica MM (not a cheap camera) is naked , has no cosy Luigi sweaters and such and is unceremoniously in a regular back pack (with a bit of protect from a Vaude skull cap) when not in use. It is not abused and treated properly but never decorated (leica did a fantastic job about that! :thumbs:) and such. If it croaks, I will look in to getting another one. No more no less. It is just a tool. :)

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member

:lecture: a camera has soul, lots of soul ;)

not exactly a D3, but an ancestor

©lick for native size

© • captured with Nikon D300 • AI-S Nikkor 2.5/105mm • 1/60 sec. at f/5.6 ISO 200 • Lightroom 4.4