The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Happy End of the World!!!

O

Oxide Blu

Some people are into this, some people are not.

The Mayan calendar runs out to the end of the year 2012. Some folks predict worldwide geographic cataclysm, some folks think it is a time of spiritual awakening, some people think a giant meteor will crash into Washington DC and save everyone except the auto unions.

What a lot of people don't know, or overlook, is that the Gregorian calendar, the calendar we use today, is NOT aligned to the Mayan calendar. The Gregorian calendar is behind the Mayan calendar by 4-years. So, 2012 on the Mayan calendar is the same as 2008 on our calendar.

Per the Mayan calendar, time on Earth as we know it will come to an end on the winter equinox this Sunday, Dec 21st, 2008, at 7:04am, EST.

So, while I can still post, HAPPY END OF THE WORLD!!! :D

ShiroKuro

THANKS : ) ..... Don't worry too much... I am sure the United States government has a "Mayan" bailout plan ready to save us save all .... I know its not funny but ...... seems like things are right on schedule ..... So merry end of the world to all ; )

PeterA

Sometimes I suspect that superstition is part of our human DNA - in close proximity to hyperbole. The two traits seem to like each other's company, and certainly between them account for a lot of human misery. -:)

Still, if the world is indeed going to end - a merry end to all indeed!

Erik Five

THANKS : ) ..... Don't worry too much... I am sure the United States government has a "Mayan" bailout plan ready to save us save all .... I know its not funny but ...... seems like things are right on schedule ..... So merry end of the world to all ; )
I bet Bruce Willis is a part of that plan. Me also thinks that Aeorosmith might have copyrights for the soundtrack :D

mwalker

Subscriber Member
In 1999 / 2000 I was at a new years eve party and someone slipped off at the count of midnight and shut down the main electrical breaker... I almost pissed myself

O

Oxide Blu

In 1999 / 2000 I was at a new years eve party and someone slipped off at the count of midnight and shut down the main electrical breaker... I almost pissed myself
:ROTFL: :ROTFL: :ROTFL:

Well, I woke up today and so far no one is missing.

helenhill

Well the Day is more than half over & I'm still here... :ROTFL:
Reporting in for duty
& Celebrating the Winter Solstice in True Pagan Spirit :)

Cheers ! H

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
I think in order to be fair, we should allow a little margin for error on the part of the ancients. Therefore, perhaps we should extend the Winter Solstice celebrations for a few more days and party like pagans until the lights go out.

helenhill

I think in order to be fair, we should allow a little margin for error on the part of the ancients. Therefore, perhaps we should extend the Winter Solstice celebrations for a few more days and party like pagans until the lights go out.
LUV IT....Coooool :) !!

Don Libby

While reading this I experienced a bit of pain but then figured it was from laughter.

8:02 PM Tucson (per my atomic clock) and all is sorta okay …

don

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
I'm still reserving judgement on the old one's calendar. After all, it would certainly be ironic (or even cosmic) if the end of the world were to arrive on Christmas Day.

Depending on how quickly the end arrives (if it does), I realized that I might not have a chance to post my reactions here in the forum. So just in case, I want to say it's been nice knowing you. Happy eternity in the endless vacuum of space to all of you!

stephengilbert

Guy,

When you say to bring the M8, are you taking into account the possibility of extremely high ambient temps?

Merry Festivus, Steve

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
I will bring the Phase back , very good in extreme conditions. Just in case i head south instead. LOL