The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Your Best Photograph of 2008!

cjlacz

Hard for me to pick. They are all pretty bad, but hopefully this year will be better. This might be a little large. It would of been much better if I had a wider lens, but I was stuck with the 28mm on the GRD2.

N

nei1

The one I keep coming back to is this polaroid taken recently so this one.:cool:

Last edited:

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
by a second thought I actually think I prefer this one despite its imperfections
just a typical Slow Day Here serendipity, still the one I enjoy the most from 2008 :rolleyes:

Nikon D300 • Zeiss ZF 1.4/85mm • 1/160 sec. at f/2.8 ISO 200

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
"Best" is a tough qualifier. There are those that I keep going back to but they tend to be different from the ones that others seem to like. So here's a compromise. All the best to everyone in 2009.

A.Sattler

Hello everyone!

Even though I actually joined the forums last March, this is my first post (lame, I know:eek:)! But, I need all the help that I can get! And this site has been so wonderfully informative that I've spent the last year reading, learning, and appreciating all the great people here. So I would like to say thank you and wish everybody a great new year!
With this being my 1st post and the end of the year, I felt that this would be an appropriate place to start. I don't know if this is "best of" material, But it is one of my favorites. View attachment 10354
This is just a jpg. straight from the camera.

Terry

Hello everyone!

Even though I actually joined the forums last March, this is my first post (lame, I know:eek:)! But, I need all the help that I can get! And this site has been so wonderfully informative that I've spent the last year reading, learning, and appreciating all the great people here. So I would like to say thank you and wish everybody a great new year!
With this being my 1st post and the end of the year, I felt that this would be an appropriate place to start. I don't know if this is "best of" material, But it is one of my favorites.
Welcome...delayed welcome. I like the shot!

andy

One of my resolutions for 2009 is to try and participate more in the forums. I've enjoyed looking at all the images in this thread. Here's one from me - this is Bonnie on the day she came to live with us.

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
As it's always hard to dig through all of the year's images, I'll cheat and offer up this one from yesterday ... it's from the annual New Year's polar bear plunge into Lake Michigan. A balmy 25 degrees fahrenheit made the dip almost enjoyable .... almost.

Kurt

etrigan63

Bob: a very surreal shot - was that an IR capture or just clever post?

Kurt: Living in Miami means never having to endure water colder than 75F even in winter (or at least the season that pretends to be winter down here).

Erik: that shot just screams "ROCK ON!"

Andy: that shot is so sweet that I may have to turn up my insulin dosage!