The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Your Best Photograph of 2008!

Ben Rubinstein

Show your best image of 2008!

Saw this idea on another forum, given the talent here we should see some really incredible stuff.

I'll start, probably got some good wedding stuff this year but every now and again you make an image and just one look at it and you know that you're going to make money... :thumbup:

Last edited:

ecliffordsmith

Hi Ben,

A nice suggestion for a thread.

I loike your choice very much indeed. Lovely framing, great atmosphere and wonderful tones.

Here is my personal favourite for 2008.

nostatic

I printed this 20x36 and I love it. Small prints or display just don't really convey the vibe. Taken in Feb in Hong Kong, workers on a bamboo scaffold

johnastovall

Deceased, but remembered fondly here...
I didn't do much photography in 2008 but this is my most treasured.

As Jeanne Lay Dying - In The Manner Of Mantegna

Ben Rubinstein

John, that could have been my mother from 4 years ago (she died aged 50 from 3rd bout of cancer). Looked so very similar. Sharing your sorrow.

Lisa

I can't decide between two very different ones..can I post both, pretty please?:grin:

Ancient standing stones in Brittany, France, in infrared:

Moorea lagoon with bird (French Polynesia):

Lisa

P.S. Ben, I really love your shot (the first one in this thread).