The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

A Blantant Plug for Some Texas Photographers shows.

johnastovall

Deceased, but remembered fondly here...
If you are in Dallas or Lubbock on these dates, try to get a look at the Texas Church Project. I've been following this University of North Texas project for several years now. They are doing large format film and printing with some beautiful results.

The Texas Church project web site.

January 8-22, 2009
Artists’ Reception: Saturday, January 10, 2009
6:00-8:00 PM

Janette Kennedy Gallery
Southside on Lamar
1409 South Lamar
Dallas, Texas 75215
214-426-1575

Gallery Hours: 9:30 - 6:00 Weekdays.
Evenings and Weekends: see Concierge

Texas Tech University
College of Architecture
January 29 - February 20, 2009

Jeremy

I've been following this University of North Texas project for several years now. They are doing large format film and printing with some beautiful results.
Just a note that it's not a University of North Texas project, but we did have a show there in May 2007. I'm no longer a current member (finishing out my MFA and MA while working full time and being a newly wed fills my plate overfull), but the work David, Matt, and Mike have been putting out is very elegant. Mike has been shooting 7x11 for a while now, Matt hauls around an old 12x20 banquet camera, and David has been out and about with a Mamiya RB67.

Here's a link to some shots of the installed show at the University of North Texas back in 2007: http://www.texaschurchproj.com/UNT Exhibit/index.html

johnastovall

Thanks for the details on the project, I had assumed it was connected to UNT. What ever, everyone connected with it deserves kudos for such beautiful work and the preservation of so much history.

johnastovall

Yep, it's a Texican thing. :angel:

Our fingers are faster than our spell checkers and besides the school burned down six weeks after they built it and the school marm ran off with the preacher. Life is hard on the fort line.