The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Pink Ladies Tractor run For Breast Cancer

jonoslack

Hi There
First of all - sorry for Chugging

My lovely wife Emma has a small grey Fergie tractor, which is a year younger than us (and is thus very old!).

She is driving it on the 10th Ladies Tractor Road Run this Sunday in aid of Breast Cancer research -

Last year Emma collected £1300 - she has a Just Giving page where you can make donations (pretty Please).

There will be 150 Tractors this year, and overall they've raised more than £250,000 in the 10 years that it's been running.

You Can Donate Directly to Cancer Research Here

Every little bit counts and it it would be wonderful if anyone could see their way to making a small donation - THANK YOU.

Is it going to rain? Apparently NOT

Here is Emma on her Fergie

This is the column - lead by Annie Chapman who started it all

Here is a sample of the tractor decoration - this flashes and goes round and round!

This is the Ladies Tractor Road Run Website

Many thanks in advance - I'll be posting photos on Sunday night (guess what my job is!).

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
This thread is blessed completely 110 percent by me and please donate as I live with a miracle wife that has had three diffrent cancers, breast, lung and brain and with out the amazing technology and care that comes from generous donations for research she would would certainly not be the miracle that she is. Please give and give a lot. Thanks Guy

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member

we hope Team Slack had a safe and successful drive :thumbup:

here's a snap of a not so lucky team whose tractor went off the road (at a different time and a different place, nothing really to do with the Pink Ladies Tractor Road Run except it is a tractor and it is red)

©lick for native size

© • Nikon D300 • AI-S Nikkor 2.8/28mm • 1/800 sec. at f/8 ISO 200 • Lightroom 4.4

Knorp

Made my donation, but stupidly as Anonymous .. :eek:
Oh well, have fun and go for it !

Kind regards.

jonoslack

Thank you So Much for the donations -

you know who you are!
It was a fantastic day - very hot - and went off really well.

If anyone would still like to make a donation:

You Can Donate Directly to Cancer Research Here

It's an interesting challenge as a photographer, getting 160 decent pictures of pink tractors coming at you at a rate of 1 every 8 seconds - AF won't work (because it focuses on the front of the tractor) - whatever.

Here are some shots of Emma at strategic points:

At the Brockdish water splash

Arriving at Gawdy Hall

Out in the Fields

Arriving at the finish line

here is a small version of the group shot:

Here is a link to a larger version (you can click on it to enlarge it).
The Big Picture