The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Native 21mm

Tim

I miss the 90 degree angle of view. Used it a lot in OM days.

Question: Is there any native 90 degree (21mm equivalent) lenses (non zoom) in any of the mirror-less systems? I'd consider buying into that camera system just for the lens. I'd go other brand if need be. Max aperture not really a issue.

Unfortunately a M9 with 21mm is... well outside my spending comfort.
I've looked at the adapter for the Panasonic 14mm that takes it to 20mm equiv but the results are not great.

Help!

Godfrey

On FourThirds format, this is why I bought the Olympus ZD 11-22/2.8-3.5. Yes, it's a zoom, but the quality and range is such that it's more like having four primes in one, from that 90 degree 21mm to wide-normal 43mm EFoV. A superb lens, if a trifle bulky. I use this lens on my E-1 and E-PL1 (with adapter). It's one reason I might go for an E-P5 body. :)

As someone else mentioned, the Oly M.Zuiko 12mm is a peach of a lens too for micro-FourThirds.

For APS-C (1.5x) crop with the Ricoh GXR or Sony NEX 5n and NEX 6, the Voigtländer 12mm and 15mm lenses do very nicely.

Pentax has a very nice DA14/2.8 for their DSLR line. It was the reason I first bought a Pentax DSLR.

(The Color Skopar 21/4 works nicely on the M9 but with some color shift issues. The Ultron 21/1.8 works better.)

Of course, my favorite 90 degree camera remains the Hasselblad SWC.

Hasselblad SWC + Ilford XP2 Super

G

Tim

Thanks guys, some great suggestions here. I guess the Fuji lens is what I had in mind but Godfrey has resurfaced some earlier ideas like teaming a VC 15mm with another body.

I do have a Ricoh GR and cheapest would be for me to get the 21mm adapter lens. Perhaps I should start with that.

Graham your Sydney harbour bridge image is stunning, the corner performance of the Fuji is exceptional.

Time to examine some pricing!

Lightcraftsman

I have the Fuji 14/2.8 lens for my X-E1 and recommend it without reservation. It is an excellent lens.

Last edited: