The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Lensrentals.com experience

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
I'm still very much a prime shooter but last week I needed a lens that is good at 200mm with the occasional use to go wider. Instead of buying a 70-200mm 2.8 Nikkor I decided to rent one from lensrentals. I rented it for 12 days for 192.00 which I thought was a extremely fair price to pay and I shot over 12k images in three days of shooting doing runway work and already made enough money selling the images to buy several of them. Yahoo to that one but I will continue to rent this lens next time. Anyway I got the lens as promised the day before I left for NY which was packaged very nicely and looked almost brand new. After a quick test for my D800e AF adjustment I was off and running. The lens preformed beautifully and on return I had the shipping label in the box when it came so just slapped that on and dropped off at a Fedx office. In all honesty it could have not been easier to deal with, was in excellent condition and got reminder emails to return and communication with lensrentals could not have been better. Folks it's a rare day I give out a score of 10 but they deserve it and I will be a return customer.

I will now also start renting more exotic lenses or lenses I want to buy but try first which takes the risk out of spending a lot of money on something your just not sure of. I personally recommend them very highly.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
I've used Lensrentals.com also myself for both camera bodies and lenses. Their service and quality of the rentals has been excellent and I'd also personally recommend them too.

To date I've rented most of the Zeiss ZF.2 glass and second D800 & D600's for use on travel trips. In every case they've delivered on time (and at short notice) and everything, including the return shipping labels, is delivered to ensure that the package arrives in one piece to you and back to Lensrentals.

:thumbs:

D&A

I've used Lensrentals.com also myself for both camera bodies and lenses. Their service and quality of the rentals has been excellent and I'd also personally recommend them too.

To date I've rented most of the Zeiss ZF.2 glass and second D800 & D600's for use on travel trips. In every case they've delivered on time (and at short notice) and everything, including the return shipping labels, is delivered to ensure that the package arrives in one piece to you and back to Lensrentals.

:thumbs:
I couldn't have said it better myself (both Guy's and Graham's written testimony). Their service in all respects have been impeccable and they have become a trusted and reliable source if and when a specific piece of equipment is required. A perfect "10" would be most appropriate.

Dave (D&A)

Lightcraftsman

I've only rented from them once, but the experience was just as Guy described. I forgot to take my polarizing filter out of the case when I sent the X-E1 kit back, and lensrentals.com returned it to me no charge. They will will be my first choice in the future.