The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Will P&S survive this?

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member

Hosermage

It almost make it worth it to buy a sony phone for ;-)

I hope mount/grip to phone is just a spring grip like a generic PDA mount. If so, I'd get the RX100 version.

Edit: just read the details from sonyalpharumors, looks like I'll have to buy one :p

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Xperia Z is a very attractive telephone in any case, waterproof and all. Remember when phones were tied to the wall by a piece of wire and had dials?

Shashin

The Sony phone need an OVF or EVF! An if it does not have focus peak and can take M lenses, it is a deal breaker.

Tim

Remember when phones were tied to the wall by a piece of wire and had dials?
Yup, I had one. At that time I had no mobile phone contract, no 3G data limit or ADSL charges either. Best of all I didn't hear it ring unless I was near it.

This thing makes me wonder if the cameras that will survive the longest will be MF or maybe the RX1/DP2M type.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
The Sony phone need an OVF or EVF! An if it does not have focus peak and can take M lenses, it is a deal breaker.
An optical waist level finder should be an absolute minimum. I would obviously also require compatibility with the lenses from my GX680 :D

I wonder, does it take 120 or 135 film :confused: