The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Makes me a little sick Leica resellers

dseelig

Well with the 240 out and knowing that there are photographers, needing this camera it does make me sick that people are reselling it out oif the reach of a working pro, find another way to make a buck. Any chance we can make it any one reselling a leica over list price must have over a certain number of posts not including the buy and sell board. Sorry but I am a poor working pro.

stephengilbert

Though I agree that the predatory pricing of gear is contrary to the generally friendly atmosphere here, I doubt that the change you suggest will happen.

In my view, exorbitant prices for photo gear is probably more the fault of the brand's fans than of the sellers. Besides, I've seen some long time members asking pretty high prices for used equipment when the market permits.

woodyspedden

Though I agree that the predatory pricing of gear is contrary to the generally friendly atmosphere here, I doubt that the change you suggest will happen.

In my view, exorbitant prices for photo gear is probably more the fault of the brand's fans than of the sellers. Besides, I've seen some long time members asking pretty high prices for used equipment when the market permits.
Frankly if Leica didn't introduce a mainstream product like the M without the ability to deliver this thread would not exist

monza

^^^^this.

They have not fixed their production bottleneck that began with the M9.

A higher price equalizes the demand with the supply. If there was more supply than demand, would people be upset if the price was below retail? :)

dseelig

I know I know what you guys are saying sometimes we need to rant a little and it says this is the place on this forum

dseelig

when it is someone who contributes here for me it makes it a a little not much but a little easier to take, when it is someone real new well

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Hey it bugs me, what can I say. Problem is people will buy at those prices if they want to short the wait and it is supply and demand. The blame goes squarely on Leica , this eternal wait for there new facility has been a source of production issues which they have not addressed on the short term. We can blame demand as well and with that even the retail prices are out of whack.

You have to admit you are all spoilt Miss Verruca Salt's. Good things take time, but you live in this world where you want and expect it NOW!

Well now if everyone just accepted it will take time, showed some patience and placed their orders accordingly, we'd all get them in the shortest possible time-frame as there'd be no market for the hawks and they wouldn't clog the order lists.

I practice what I preach, I refuse to buy from these people and always place my order with my favourite dealer. I buy what I need and I use it when I get it.

If everyone was to do this, not only would I get my Leica sooner, but I'd be able to afford a nicer house, a nicer car and we wouldn't be trillions of $$ in debt.

(I hope I'm also entitled to my opinion on the matter ;)

Hosermage

If anything, the sellers with the jacked up prices are losing respect/credibility with me. But they probably don't care.