The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Capture Integration in CArmel - formerly Pigs in a Blanket

kdphotography

Thank you to everyone who could make this year's 5th Anniversary, Capture Integration in Carmel! We were pretty packed with twenty people in attendance. It was great to be able to try out some new equipment, and try out new approaches, good food, drink, and great company.

All I have to say is the IQ250 is for real. It's a great option especially for those new to medium format digital photography. The live view option is very DSLR-like and usable. All the early nay-sayers who criticized this MFDB without having even held it owe the lead Phase One IQ250 engineer an apology! :p

The IQ260 Achomatic---wow. I used this MFDB on my Cambo tethered to a Surface Pro 2, which makes everything just stupid easy. :thumbup:

ken

Jeffrey

Thanks to everyone who attended the Carmel shoot. Thanks to you guys being so nice to me, yesterday Dave took all of my money when I purchased the Cambo starter kit. Now you'll have to put up with me at future gatherings of the group!

Sorry that I left after lunch to make the 5 hour drive home. I still work for a living and needed to be ready go first thing Monday morning.

Thank you, Ken! You are the best host ever!

This was my first tech camera shoot. I came away with 4 images that are the post processing and printing house. The images are darn good for my first try.

Thanks again to everyone in the group. I am really pumped up about shooting tech cameras.

Best regards,
Jeffrey

kdphotography

Welcome to the GetDPI family, Jeff! I think you'll find the forums here a valuable resource for all things medium format digital.

If what you have purchased is what you call "the Cambo starter kit," I'd hate to see what you call the deluxe technical camera kit! :D

ken

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Thanks to everyone who attended the Carmel shoot. Thanks to you guys being so nice to me, yesterday Dave took all of my money when I purchased the Cambo starter kit.

... (Snip)

Thanks again to everyone in the group. I am really pumped up about shooting tech cameras.

Best regards,
Jeffrey
Jeffrey,

Dave taking all of our money has a very familiar ring about it! :facesmack::ROTFL:

Enjoy the Cambo. A great choice.

stephengilbert

"I'm buying Graham a tilt screen. Lol"

Even more likely if you'd seen John's photo of Graham lying on the beach next to his tripod.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Graham is not afraid to get dirty. Why I love his enthusiasm for photography and besides that he is damn good to boot. Lol

kdphotography

Even more likely if you'd seen John's photo of Graham lying on the beach next to his tripod.
I thought he was figure modeling for John.

If Bob attended this year, I'm sure he would have convinced Graham to take off his shirt....

:ROTFL:

Last edited:

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member

Lack of rise/fall on the Alpa FPS had me going old school and setting up the camera low for the foreground and the only way to really get to grips with the IQ250 live view was to get down low. As Stephen mentioned, yes, I was wallowing around on the beach. No designer jeans and jackets for me when I'm shooting that's for sure! If I'm not dirty, I'm not happy :ROTFL:

I thought he was figure modeling for John.
:D

If Bob attended this year, I'm sure he would have convinced Graham to take off his shirt....

:ROTFL:
:eek: That would so NOT have happened unless his pockets were very deep or it was a flesh pics for camera trade (hey, we're all whore's at some point) :ROTFL:

Jeffrey

The starter kit means that I only purchased one lens but included almost everything else. Now under serious consideration is a Surface Pro 2 which I am reasonably confident will become part of my tech camera package in short order. It is all great fun thanks for the Carmel group guys (and gals!).

Jeffrey

Shot in Carmel over the 4th of July. Foggy and cold. However, thanks to the pigs in a blanket group I learned enough to have a blast with my Cambo camera. Ken helped me out while there. Thanks, Ken. I did though look like one of Jerry's Kids (you know the ones they have a telethon for annually?) while I assembled my rig for the first time including a Surface Pro 2. Let's see, where does this cable connect, and what the heck do you do with this thing? Oh it was a barrel of laughs. See you guys next year at the pigs shoot.