The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Capture Integration in CArmel - formerly Pigs in a Blanket

kdphotography

It's back! Capture Integration in CArmel returns on February 21-23, 2014----but this year, we're headed down to San Luis Obispo, California!

We are still in the planning stages, so stay tuned for more details, or check in on over at the CI in Carmel face book page. https://www.facebook.com/pages/CI-in-Carmel/532920573414788?hc_location=stream

Capture Integration will be bringing out a lot of great medium format digital cameras, lenses and gear to try out. This is a great technical camera weekend, with ample landscape photography opportunities, nearby Morro Bay and wineries. CI's Dave Gallagher will be providing a C1Pro 7 class as well. The official hotel will be the Madonna Inn in San Luis Obispo, home to Really Right Stuff. We're hoping to again offer a tour of the RRS facilities.

Mark your calendars---more details on our itinerary and registration for this event to follow!

:) Ken Doo

kdphotography

I'm still working with Don on itinerary details, but the RRS tour is scheduled for Friday afternoon, February 21, 2014. I'm told that the new RRS TVC-4 series tripods will be on hand. This is sorta like that Hershey's chocolate factory tour we took as kids, but without the free samples.

I won't be doing the bbq this year, but you can definitely count on more bbq at future CI in CArmel functions. (pssst! I've refined my babyback rib recipe again!) Not to worry, plenty of great places to eat in SLO.

:) ken

kdphotography

Actually, truth be told, Don is kinda like Charlie in Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. The extra security is to make sure kids like Don stay with the group during the tour...

:D

kdphotography

Due to ongoing renovation in the San Luis Obispo area, we have decided to hold most of the festivities in the Carmel-Big Sur area. CI in Carmel will start on Friday, February 21, 2014 with a tour of the RRS facilities in San Luis Obispo, and head our way north up the coast to Carmel.

Alpa and the FPS have joined the fun with CI with the other technical cameras. The new Phase One IQ260 Achromatic and much more are planned. B&W K7 Piezography printing, Capture One 7/8 Pro class, and real wood slow-cooked smoked BBQ. More details to follow!

Registration details soon online at Capture Integration...

:) ken

stephengilbert

If you're coming to Carmel and have photo gear you want to "recycle," bring it along. We can have an informal swap meet.

For example, I'm bringing a "Libby adapter," though Don will have first dibs on it.

kdphotography

Registration for CI in Carmel is now open! See, https://captureintegration.com/category/events-3/

Registration is online on the CI website, on the CI Blog, events.

An itinerary is viewable at the CI website, and can also be downloaded here as a pdf. There may be some changes as some details are still being worked out. And sometimes somethings aren't listed at all. That's just how we roll. :D

Ken

p.s. Carpool from Carmel to RRS in SLO will depart at ~0800, Fri Feb 21, 2014.
p.p.s. Wine tasting at the incredibly scenic Chateau Julien is only $12. We have access to the grounds, including the cask room.

Last edited:

kdphotography

This is an updated pdf of the itinerary which may be downloaded. :)

Registration includes the C1 Pro 7/8 class, barbeque lunch (improved baby back rib recipe!), and B&W K7 Piezography printing.

I'll have pdf guidelines on preparing files for K7 printing available shortly.

Ken

Last edited:

kdphotography

We will be printing B&W images on the studio's specially converted 9890 K7 B&W Piezography MPS gloss and matte printer. Registration for CI in Carmel includes the Capture One Pro 7/8 class, baby back rib lunch, and K7 Piezography print.

This PDF outlines how to prepare your image for B&W Piezography printing. Contact me if you have any questions.

ken

Last edited:

Don Libby

I'll be brining a couple items with me such as a Lightning Trigger which is set up for a Canon Camera and a Kirk L-bracket for a Canon 1DsIII. More stuff to come for the Stephengilbert Swap-Meet.