The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

I am so done with other site.

ryc

Really disappointed with that other site and their childish arrogant attitude regarding anything posted over Frequency modulation. It use to be a good place to visit and post but has turned into a group of arrogant members that take the fun out of sharing. Anyway, glad this place is here since the people seem more down to earth and quite amiable towards each other. I a so glad I don't run a forum anymore because I would hate to deal with those types of personality. Hop this place stays sane and sensible!

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
There are surprisingly many camera owners around with attitudes that remind me of certain political movements that arose in Europe 80-90 years ago, and there are depressingly few photography fora that aren't dominated by those same people. Luckily, getdpi is one of the exceptions, and a great one too. A big Thank You to the members, moderators and not least the owners of this forum :thumbs:

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
GetDPI was in concept as one of the founding fathers meant to always be a place to learn a place to share and more important a place to make friends and relationships. I'm no longer a actually owner by technical definition but I still feel it is and it's really the only site I visit daily and many times. I credit its success to the members and there generosity to share and more important a willingness to learn and respect others. We do have a extremely strict no hassle policy but we rarely have to get heavy on that. That I credit to the members and showing respect for others and there opinions. I'm actually quite sickened by some sites and honestly by some reviewers as well. If that causes flames well tough beanies. There is no excuse for being a asshole just because your not looking at someone . Okay that was blunt but that's me. Lol

J

JohnW

Yes, I second the appreciation for the atmosphere here.

Thanks to all the admins and mods here for fostering such a healthy, helpful atmosphere.

John

Last edited:

stephengilbert

I wonder how many "other sites" posters are thinking of?

I've got one in mind, but suspect that it isn't the worst. I just never read those others. :)

One thing I've noticed is that a poster I find quite annoying at my other site, behaves differently here.

BANKER1

It is pretty obvious to what site he is referring. I quit going there four years ago. Every time we go to "that" site we add to the "clicks" or logging onto his forum. He gets advertising revenue based on those clicks, so I hope others will join me in reducing his "clicks" so that, at some point, it will dissolve into the waste bin of history.

Actually the tone and tenor of the website usually reflects the personality of the owner. Based on one personal attack from him on me, I feel this is quite true.

Greg

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Owners and moderators can really screw up a forum in a nano second. I know that all too well. LOL

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Frequency Modulation is a lovely topic.
Odd harmonics are especially sharp.
-bob

f8orbust

I quite enjoyed 'the other site' once upon a time - but now there seems to be little more than the buy/sell section on the forum that draws me back.

The main site has basically become an advertising space for workshop, after workshop, after workshop. To be fair, everywhere I turn someone seems to be running a workshop - I guess Photography really has become part of the leisure industry.

Jim