The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Why do some things just resonate?

Godfrey

My new MiNT Polaroid SLR 670m arrived yesterday. A thoroughly refurbished, reworked SX-70 with a manual exposure control module that clips into the flash bar slot. Just had the chance to take it out of the box, fit a light blocking flap for the Impossible film, load some Impossible B&W 600, and make two test exposures with it using my Lumu exposure meter for the iPhone 4S.

Perfect exposures (not necessarily focus ... that's my fault). But—Brilliant! Finally an SX-70 that I can rely upon for consistent exposures.

Why does this make me chuckle so much? :)

I'll stick an extra pack of film in the bag and take it on my walk a little later this morning. Time for a bit more sleep.

G