The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Congratulations you American People

Status
Not open for further replies.

helenhill

RE: Peter Souza / Enjoyed his EYE & loved his work....great series of photos :clap:
thanx Vivek for posting

D

ddk

you guys - please stop arguing - you will NEVER agree with each other!
The beauty of it is that we don't have to!

It would be a very boring place if we all liked the same things, thought the same way and behaved the same, differences are good, otherwise we'd all be SHEEP.

V

Vivek

RE: Peter Souza / Enjoyed his EYE & loved his work....great series of photos :clap:
thanx Vivek for posting
My pleasure, Helen. The only good thing that CNN did after all the talking heads sounded disappointed in finding no catch phrases in the inaugural address is to conclude that this whole election was best captured by still photographs. Many outstanding photographs came out of that and they all will go down in history- not only American history but World history.:thumbup:

Here is what Rick Waldroup captured with his P&S camera (that shot was was bought by McGraw&Hill to be used in a school history textbook, as Rick says down in this long thread): http://nikongear.com/smf/index.php?topic=8660.0
(The camera was either a DP1 or GRD).

V

Vivek

Robert, my friend, the images you attached (no disrespect to your feelings at all) are infringing on the copyrights of the photographer and the magazine/agency that own them (same goes for the cartoons as well).

The west can not preach some country like China (for example) on trademarks/copyright infringement when things like this go on. Besides that it is utter disregard for the artist and their work.

woodyspedden

Indeed it will. Nothing wrong with hope either, but I want to see actual results before I get too excited. And if I do see real results -- not just media spin and talking heads saying so -- then you may see me at the front of that congratulations reception line :)
Jack

I understand your points and don't disagree.

However I think Barack has already accomplished something very important. He has restored some sorely needed optimism from the American people. In order to fix the economy this confidence is crucial. Otherwise the people will stay in the bunkers they built for themselves during the Bush Cheney years. We need people to get back to an optimistic view of life; buy (American) goods and services; continue to improve their productivity; and move forward and upward.

I am personally very optimistic about the future albeit knowing that it is going to take time. This morning he has signed three executive orders which forces the closure of Guantanimo within a year for example. He said he was going to make this a priority and within two days in office he has done the deal.

He needs the help of congress to get an economic stimulus bill passed. His team has already drafted the bill and now it is in the House of Representatives for amendment and passage. Then on to the Senate. While there will undoubtedly be changes from his original draft those changes are going to be shown to the American public for scrutiny and transparency. This is another thing he promised during the run up to the elections.

So enough for now from me. I am not a democrat and I don't any longer feel i am a Republican either. I voted for President Obama and based on the past two days, seeing how quickly he is moving to fulfill his promises, I am very optimistic about him and our Nation.

Thanks for listening YMMV

Woody

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Hey,
What do you think about those Bruins!
Number 2 in the League standings just behind the Sharks.
Now I have some cause for optimism!
-bob

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
You know Bob, I honestly wished I liked hockey. Way back when, I used to go to see the Hartford Whalers play. Hockey is wicked good in person, I just can't get the same joy from watching it on TV. Nevertheless, I support all New England teams and therefore will root for the Bruins. Go Bruins!

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Jono,
He is playing very well and looks pretty dominant IMO!
Very good!
-bob

stephengilbert

As a Bruin fan (and UCLA grad), I'm less optimistic: they lost to Arizona State at home.... What, hockey? Are they still playing hockey?

(Just kidding, of course. My mom was born in Canada.)

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Okay it's been 61 years for the Arizona Cardinals to get to the big game. Super Bowl Sunday the Cards are playing, NOW that is history. LOL

ChrisDauer

Workshop Member
The last guy sent a stimulus check. Didn't really work out.
I thought it did! :clap: Well, at least I got some cash out of the deal. :ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

What I don't understand is all the fanfare about how great one is BEFORE they've actually done anything...
That is based upon the flawed premise that the enemy of my enemy is my friend. Obviously said persons have never been in a
Mexican Standoff. Myself? I'm fairly ambivalent on the whole thing. To oft, Power breeds corruption, and human nature wins out. And at this point, only time will tell if that's the case this time.
Hope for the best, expect the worst.

Last edited:

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Celtic's doing great to, so we going for #18

BlasR:clap:
Now if we can pump up the sox and the patriots get healthy for next season
it might be a chance for a slam.
Where is my turf accountant when I need him?
-bob

p.s.
Am I right in thinking that you are from the home town of Rocky Marciano?

O

Oxide Blu

Just to clarify, I'm more politically agnostic -- bred from years of experience watching the political process and a resultant skepticism of politicians in general. What I want to see from ANY politician regardless of party affiliation are results. And when I finally do see some real progress, I'll happily get in line and bang a drum for the person that actually delivered. (And I don't expect to buying a drum anytime soon...)

I am 100% in agreement with this. Over the years I have watches as both parties deteriorated into a single, politically correct entity that pretends to still be two distinct parties, as if no one noticed.

Our political system is designed to be a two-party system that only works when the two parties oppose each other. "Bipartisan" is an evil word in Washington politics. When the two parties oppose each other, the people are safe, anything can be fixed. But when the parties align, the people lose.

BlasR

Hey,
What do you think about those Bruins!
Number 2 in the League standings just behind the Sharks.
Now I have some cause for optimism!
-bob
Now if we can pump up the sox and the patriots get healthy for next season
it might be a chance for a slam.
Where is my turf accountant when I need him?
-bob

p.s.
Am I right in thinking that you are from the home town of Rocky Marciano?

1 miles away:salute:

Status
Not open for further replies.