The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Uwe Steinmuller has passed away

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
I have just been informed that Uwe Steinmuller passed away on August 8th. I have no details, but am trying to get them. If you know anything, please post it here. Uwe was a friend and colleague of not only mine, but the entire photographic community. His site, Digital Outback Photo, was a quality resource of information about equipment and the entire image making process from capture through processing and printing. He was a moderator and regular contributor to GetDPI as well. He will be missed by the entire photographic community. Our deepest condolences to his wife, Bettina.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
As Jack and I found out this morning from a member here on GetDPI I am very saddened to hear of this news. He was a friend and a great guy in the photo community. He will be sorely missed.

Georg Baumann

Subscriber Member
Yes, very very sad in deed.

I was in contact with Uwe once in a while myself, always fun to chat with him on photography and business. His book on fine art printing was one of the first I read when I started in the digital realm. Also my deepest condolences to his wife Bettina.

Ben Rubinstein

Very sad, always enjoyed his blog, I think I read Jack's writings there for the first time. Specifically the workaround for moving the camera on an L plate to equal T/S shift movements. I've looked at the scene in front of that cafe in many many images as I compared cameras. What I loved was the enthusiasm for their photography whether it be the practical or the equipment side. Uwe's specific style of photography, very much shape based and with a lovely rendition of low contrast was something I always enjoyed. Condolences to his wife. A great loss.

Godfrey

I didn't want to hear this news. :-(

Uwe and I got together several times over the past decade to chat and enjoy testing lenses and equipment. He was a fine fellow, a pleasure to converse with, and a dedicated photographer. My condolences to all other friends who were close to him and, of course, to Bettina.

raist3d

Wow. That is very chilling. I had met Uwe, and he was very kind. This feels surreal because it wasn't that long ago.

A stark unfortunate reminder that life is precious and can go at any time.

My condolences to everyone and his family.

Tim

While I never have the pleasure to meet him or had a lot of forum exchanges with Uwe, he was a forum member I sincerely respected and I always stopped to read his posts and examine at the images he uploaded. He seemed to love to capture the graffiti artists work painted on street walls nearby.

Make that image today, you never know when it will be your last.

My condolences to his family and the GetDPI family here for our loss.

jfirneno

I always enjoyed the photos he posted. His comments were always friendly and gracious. Rest in peace.

Regards,
John

Leigh

This is a major loss to the community.

Uwe was a very accomplished artist, always willing to share his knowledge and experience.

He will certainly be missed. R.I.P. Uwe.

- Leigh