Site Sponsors

Thread: Free Paris offline maps and subway guide?

Post Thanks / Like

Free Paris offline maps and subway guide?

Hi,

I'm going to spend 6 days in Paris and I'm looking for a FREE offline map for android where I can type where I am and then type where I want to go and get the route on a map with all the details (which is the closest subway station from where I am, which subway station is the closest to where I want to go, if I have to change stations then where do I change, etc). Basically I want an offline google maps

So far I've only found apps that allow me to do this by typing the name of the subway station where I am and then typing the name of the subway station where I want to go...which is worthless to me. I've also found a couple of apps that show me how to get to tourist attractions, but I want to be able to type my exact location the exact location where I'm going.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Free Paris offline maps and subway guide?

You can try a free ("Lite") version of Maps.Me to see if you like it (details here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...hme.maps&hl=en), but offline searching requires the $4.99 version. Pay once, and you can download maps as you need them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Free Paris offline maps and subway guide?

I have a Nexus 7 2012, and used offline google maps this in Paris this spring. As long as you pre-download the map while connected to the Internet and save it you can save large detailed google maps. Not really sure if it is Nexus specific:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAALnbJI1cY