The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The ultimate photo trip?

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Nice inspiration when I struggle to get off my but for a short photo weekend and then can't decide which camera to take ;)
Photo trip or denial of life...responsibility...commitments.

Jorgen...you have a history with clients and family...friends and associates which precludes a free association life outside of society and dare I say it responsibility.

To find a balance is much more difficult and nuanced than the free association involved in trekking without the requisite commitments of community and family.

At a distance it looks attractive but probably more like Coke light than the real real thing...

I would rather capture a couple of decent photographs a year and live in a stable family...community...social construct than capture the world and end up abstracted and alone...as a distracted observer of life rather than an active participant.

JMHO...as a rather conservative old man.

Bob

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
You have some good points there, Bob. I'm going to some rather obscure places in a neighbouring country this week, staying away for 5 days. That's the longest I want to stay away from those dear to me, at least those whom I relate to during my everyday life, and that is not going to change anytime soon. I actually look more forward to the birthday party of the 2 year old next Sunday than to tomorrow interesting travels :)

Still, for some people, being "on the road" (or should that be "on the run"?) has become a lifestyle, and possibly the only lifestyle they can live with.

Last edited:

rayyan

Very well said sir!!
Best.

Photo trip or denial of life...responsibility...commitments.

Jorgen...you have a history with clients and family...friends and associates which precludes a free association life outside of society and dare I say it responsibility.

To find a balance is much more difficult and nuanced than the free association involved in trekking without the requisite commitments of community and family.

At a distance it looks attractive but probably more like Coke light than the real real thing...

I would rather capture a couple of decent photographs a year and live in a stable family...community...social construct than capture the world and end up abstracted and alone...as a distracted observer of life rather than an active participant.

JMHO...as a rather conservative old man.

Bob

rayyan

Priceless Jorgen. And so would I, my friend, with mine.

Have a safe trip to and fro.
Warmest regards.

I actually look more forward to the birthday party of the 2 year old next Sunday than to tomorrow interesting travels :)

Still, for some people, being "on the road" (or should that be "on the run"?) has become a lifestyle, and possibly the only lifestyle they can live with.

turtle

If you are looking for something that can produce extremely sharp images, excellent (modern) colour and is compact, consider the Leuca 75mm Summarit. You'll see three shots with it here, showing distance (all sharp, at f11) and closer up wider open work: A7R with Leica 75mm Summarit-M

Were I looking for something a bit faster with a gentler rendition, especially wide open, the CV 75 f1.8 looks interesting....

vjr