Site Sponsors

Thread: The ultimate photo trip?

Subscriber Member Jorgen Udvang's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

The ultimate photo trip?

884,000 km, 177 countries, 26 years but only 2 cameras, an M6 and a Leicaflex SL. Nice inspiration when I struggle to get off my but for a short photo weekend and then can't decide which camera to take

Gunther, Christine and Otto

Gunther Holtorf's 23 Year Road Trip - YouTube
    Things I sell: https://www.shutterstock.com/g/epixx?language=en
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

Subscriber and Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The ultimate photo trip?

Quote Originally Posted by Jorgen Udvang View Post
    Nice inspiration when I struggle to get off my but for a short photo weekend and then can't decide which camera to take
    Photo trip or denial of life...responsibility...commitments.

Jorgen...you have a history with clients and family...friends and associates which precludes a free association life outside of society and dare I say it responsibility.

To find a balance is much more difficult and nuanced than the free association involved in trekking without the requisite commitments of community and family.

At a distance it looks attractive but probably more like Coke light than the real real thing...

I would rather capture a couple of decent photographs a year and live in a stable family...community...social construct than capture the world and end up abstracted and alone...as a distracted observer of life rather than an active participant.

JMHO...as a rather conservative old man.

Bob
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Subscriber Member Jorgen Udvang's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

You have some good points there, Bob. I'm going to some rather obscure places in a neighbouring country this week, staying away for 5 days. That's the longest I want to stay away from those dear to me, at least those whom I relate to during my everyday life, and that is not going to change anytime soon. I actually look more forward to the birthday party of the 2 year old next Sunday than to tomorrow interesting travels

Still, for some people, being "on the road" (or should that be "on the run"?) has become a lifestyle, and possibly the only lifestyle they can live with.
    Last edited by Jorgen Udvang; 12th October 2014 at 20:30.
    Things I sell: https://www.shutterstock.com/g/epixx?language=en
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Very well said sir!!
    Best.

Quote Originally Posted by docmoore View Post
    Photo trip or denial of life...responsibility...commitments.

Jorgen...you have a history with clients and family...friends and associates which precludes a free association life outside of society and dare I say it responsibility.

To find a balance is much more difficult and nuanced than the free association involved in trekking without the requisite commitments of community and family.

At a distance it looks attractive but probably more like Coke light than the real real thing...

I would rather capture a couple of decent photographs a year and live in a stable family...community...social construct than capture the world and end up abstracted and alone...as a distracted observer of life rather than an active participant.

JMHO...as a rather conservative old man.

Bob
    koffee & kamera
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Priceless Jorgen. And so would I, my friend, with mine.

Have a safe trip to and fro.
    Warmest regards.

I actually look more forward to the birthday party of the 2 year old next Sunday than to tomorrow interesting travels

Still, for some people, being "on the road" (or should that be "on the run"?) has become a lifestyle, and possibly the only lifestyle they can live with.

Post Thanks / Like

If you are looking for something that can produce extremely sharp images, excellent (modern) colour and is compact, consider the Leuca 75mm Summarit. You'll see three shots with it here, showing distance (all sharp, at f11) and closer up wider open work: A7R with Leica 75mm Summarit-M

Were I looking for something a bit faster with a gentler rendition, especially wide open, the CV 75 f1.8 looks interesting....

Post Thanks / Like

884,000 km, 177 countries, 26 years but only 2 cameras, an M6 and a Leicaflex SL. Nice inspiration when I struggle to get off my but for a short photo weekend and then can't decide which camera to take

Gunther, Christine and Otto

Gunther Holtorf's 23 Year Road Trip - YouTube
    I guess that Gunther, Christine and Otto were not held back by some boring job community or family, good on them I wish I could have done something like that.