The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Road to Moab

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Thanks Don the jpeg does it no justice but it is pretty amazing with detail.

Here is my hour long exposure and I have some bleed coming through. Not sure what it is but my room lights were slightly on. I thought a hour long exposure would just kill the batteries on the back but not the case at all

Guy Mancuso

Wow you should see the sunrise here in Monument Valley. Jack just knocked on my door and he was ready to go shoot. I stayed behind and will shoot from the balcony but he should return with some killer shots. Even from the balcony it is amazing. I do have another star trails shot. I was up almost all night playing around with that.

MikeScecina

Workshop Member
Hi Charlie,
Thank you for the comment. And btw, the Green Chili Omelets at the Moab Diner are still to die for.

M

meilicke

These shots are just wonderful. Even my wife is getting into this thread. :)

Scott

cmb_

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Hi Charlie,
Thank you for the comment. And btw, the Green Chili Omelets at the Moab Diner are still to die for.
Aside from the photography and the great company, the two things I regret most about not making the trip this year were missing out on the green chili :thumbup: and the possibility of a repeat of Mike Hatam's splendid performance at the all-you-can-eat king crab special, if indeed, that restaurant didn't fold after our group devoured their holdings that weekend. :salute:

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
At the airport waiting for my plane and processed a few more quickly to share. First is the view from my balcony about 30 minutes after the sun set last night:

Next is one from the observation deck of the hotel just before sunrise this morning:

Cheers,

Lars

Darnit Jack, stop teasing! :banghead:

There's nothing quite like a desert sunrise :)

Lars

At the airport waiting for my plane and processed a few more quickly to share. First is the view from my balcony about 30 minutes after the sun set last night:

Next is one from the observation deck of the hotel just before sunrise this morning:

Cheers,

Terry

OMG - I so need to go there. How long did it take you to drive back to Phoenix? I'm thinking drive up on Saturday AM. Get there for sunset. Then do sunrise and drive back to Phoenix on Sunday.

bensonga

I know that many people think Alaska is close to heaven for natural beauty, but to my eyes, seeing these photos from the Moab workshop (and having been there 20+ years ago)....I have got to get back to there for a photo outing.

Great photos everyone.....I wish I had been there too.

Gary Benson
Eagle River, Alaska

Guy Mancuso

Finally home and after a decent nights sleep I can see again. I have some more to process also of Monument Valley. Sad day though our Cardinals lost in the Super Bowl but it was a great game.

Guy Mancuso

Trying to do a Pano stitch but CS4 is crashing. Can't blame it many images all huge but hard to see the difference in the sky and it crashes