The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Road to Moab

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Woody,

I really like your version of the balcony night shot! That said, I find your IR work simply stunning! In fact, your and Joseph's IR work from this trip have motivated me to re-arrange my MF case so that I have the M8 and a couple of lenses with me at all times, specifically so I can start doing more IR!

On that note, I *know* the Zeiss 28 is the preeminent IR lens, but I'm wondering if any of the less expensive CV lenses would perform as well given it's IR to begin with?

Cheers,

Reynolds

Workshop Member
Woody....absolutely fabulous! I need more time with you on IR. And, I have a lot more USMC tales to tell as well! And, then, there are the images from the rest of you...I am intimated beyond belief. Wonderful stuff! And, a super time to boot!!!

Don Libby

Woody

One of THE most magnificent/stunning panoramas I've seen come out of Monument Valley!

WOW!

don

Woody Campbell

Workshop Member
Woody,

I love this pano! What ISO/Shutter/Aperture did you use?
This is eleven frames shot with a G1 and the Summilux 25mm f1.4. Exposure was ISO 200; f1.4; 60 seconds. The exposure was long enough that there are star trails - which doesn't bother me - it's really the only way that I could make the exposure - I preferred the short trails to the slightly out of round stars I could have gotten with higher ISO and shorter shutter time. Stitched in Autopano Pro, which left some "scalloping" effect in the dark sky, which I touched up by hand in photoshop.

Here's a 100%+ crop.

View attachment 11798

Mike Hatam

Senior Subscriber Member
Woody - I LOVE the IR shot of the tree in front of the house in Winslow, Arizona.

You have an amazing eye. I enjoyed shooting with you, and seeing the different shots that you came away with. I was right there with you, but didn't see what you saw.

Woody Campbell

Workshop Member
Mike - It was terrific shooting with you - and thanks again for all of the help with LR.

As far as the eye is concerned I think I over used the "bush in the foreground" thing - I'm going to have to push myself a bit on this.

Regards,

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Guy,
Flip that sky from left to right so the light is coming from the same direction LOL
-bob