The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

I may not be around as much...

johnastovall

Deceased, but remembered fondly here...
I feel like so many of you here have become friends in this forum and others that I want to let you know I may not be doing much posting or shooting for a while.

My wife Jeanne had uterine cancer in 2006 but had been free for a year. Around Christmas she got a cold and couldn't seem to get over it. After a round of Antibotics last Monday she had a chest X-Ray to see if it might be pneumoia. Instead a mass was found on a lung. This was followed up by a CT scan Thursday and we learned she has tumors in her lungs, pelvic area and lymph nodes Friday evening.

We should hear this morning when we are to return to Abilene and meet with her oncologist to discuss treatment options.

I'll keep checking in when I can. At least there was some sunshine this weekend. A regional Gallery owner called me wanting 6-8 of my landscapes and to start handling my work.

Jim Stone

Workshop Member
John,

Just scrolling the forum and ran into your post. Please give our best to your wife in hopes that things aren't as bad as they sound and that appropriate treatment will put her on the mend. That horrible disease will one day be defeated by our scientists....I hope. We'll be praying for you guys. Congrats on the gallery invitation BTW...well deserved from what I've seen.

All the best,

Jim

johnastovall

John,

Just scrolling the forum and ran into your post. Please give our best to your wife in hopes that things aren't as bad as they sound and that appropriate treatment will put her on the mend. That horrible disease will one day be defeated by our scientists....I hope. We'll be praying for you guys. Congrats on the gallery invitation BTW...well deserved from what I've seen.

All the best,

Jim
Thanks for the kind words. The work the gallery want was unfortunately not done with the M8 but my 5D and comes out of this body of work.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
John:

Very sorry to hear this news... Best wishes to you and your wife with the treatments and please do keep us posted on her progress.

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
John,
I am so sorry.
Please pm me if you would perchance like to talk.
-bob

ChrisDauer

Workshop Member
John,

Sorry to hear about your wife situation. Best wishes to her on a painless and speedy recovery.

And congrats about the gallery.

-C

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
John so sorry to hear this news but do take good care of her and hopefully things will get better. Were here anytime you need some friends to lean on. Best Wishes and congrats on the Gallery

helenhill

John
Your artistic Touch & Insight will be greatly missed
I am so sorry to hear the news about your wife
May all go well for her with a speedy & painless recovery
and you hurry back to us
With love & Gods Blessing
Helen

scatesmd

Workshop Member
Hi John,

I hope everything goes well for your wife and hope you are able to come back to the forum soon,

steve

johnastovall

An update....

Jeanne has been referred to treatment at Scott and White in Temple, Texas. Monday (21st) she is scheduled for a lung biopsy, ablation of a bronical tube (part of the tumor is blocking it) and the use of a laser or cyroprobe to seal the areas which are bleeding.

Once they know the type and hormonal markers of the cancer, they will be developing a treatment program.

All that work will be done via probes through the nose. Monday is going to be a long day but she shouldn't have to be in hospital.

Maybe by Wednesday or Thursday, we'll know more.

Oh, My iMac won't boot up and I've not done a December backup of my images. :cussing:

Last edited:

wolverine

John,
I work at Scott and White. If I can be assistance to you or your family, please do not hesitate to contact me. Frank Anderson

johnastovall

We are back from Temple. The biopsy and ablation went well and the carterization has stopped her coughing up blood.

Now we wait some more. Friday we go back for the Biopsy results and see what the treatment protocols will be.

I'm going to try to get my iMac back on line tomorrow along with big gamer machine a friend gave me so maybe I can at least start doing some images. I'm still shooting some.